Are You Ready To Clear Your Record?

A criminal record can prevent a person from going to a good college, enjoying exciting job prospects and even from joining the armed forces. A background check can bring up your arrest record where any employer, college or army recruiter can see it. The solution to your past mistake is to work with an expunction lawyer and have the record of the arrest expunged or sealed.

Unfortunately, expunctions and orders of nondisclosure are not available for all crimes, and expunction can only be used for arrests of certain crimes that do not lead to a conviction. You can expunge a record of an arrest for disorderly conduct, but you cannot remove a conviction for that offense. Likewise, there is no expunction or sealing of records for more serious crimes.

What Charges Qualify For Expunction Or Orders Of Nondisclosure?

If you have a dark spot on your record, call me, attorney Sally Goodman, to review your circumstances and determine whether conditions will allow it to be removed (expunged) or made inaccessible for public access (nondisclosure). I have helped clean the records of numerous individuals who might otherwise face a future of lost opportunities.

Some offenses that may be eligible for expunction include:

How Expunction Works In Texas

Texas law allows for the removal of arrests for crimes that did not lead to a guilty verdict and Class C misdemeanors where the defendant received deferred adjudication. Defendants who were found guilty, pleaded guilty or pleaded no contest to any offenses outside the realm of Class C misdemeanors are not eligible for expunction, but they may be eligible for nondisclosure if they received a deferred adjudication.

What Are Orders Of Nondisclosure?

Unlike the expunction of an arrest record, an order of nondisclosure, also called record sealing, still allows certain entities to have access to your criminal record. An order of nondisclosure will not destroy your record, but rather it will make the record no longer accessible to the public. Both an expunction of your arrest record and an order of nondisclosure will legally allow you to say that you have never been arrested. Some crimes may not qualify for expunction but may be eligible for an order of nondisclosure.

Get Immediate Help With Your Arrest Record

If you have questions about expunction or record sealing, call my office at 214-748-3230 or write using the online contact form. Se Habla Español.

Start Your Case Evaluation

For A Passionate Defense Against Unpopular Crimes