Dallas Weapons Attorney
Weapons charges are an important issue in Texas because guns are a part of state culture. Texans value the second amendment and occasionally overstep the line. The most common weapons charges in the Dallas area include:
- Carrying a handgun without a permit. It is a felony if loaded and outside your home or place of business; otherwise, it is a misdemeanor.
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Possession of a weapon in connection with another offense
- Possession of a firearm in connection with domestic violence
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Possession of an assault weapon
- Firearms trafficking
- Fraud in obtaining a firearms permit
- Illegal weapons enhancement. Possession of a pistol that can hold more than 10 rounds, for instance, is a felony.
It is also illegal to possess grenades and bombs, brass knuckles, switchblade knives and certain chemical sprays.
Dallas Illegal Firearms Attorney
A weapons crime may be either a felony or misdemeanor. Legal penalties may include:
- Jail or prison time
- Community supervision
- Fines and court costs
Many weapons offenders report losing their job because of conviction or losing an educational opportunity. For all these reasons, if you have been charged with a gun crime, it is vital to call a seasoned and assertive weapons crimes lawyer like Sally G. Goodman, as soon as you can.
Se habla español